Well I found out January 24 that we were expecting. A few weeks before I was being really weird with my appetite. I didn't want to make sandwiches anymore at work, I did not want to eat chicken or steak, and I was nauseous. After reading what I just wrote how did I NOT know I was pregnant?? Anyways so I stayed home one day from work I was just feeling so sick. My friend came over later that day and brought me some chicken soup and crackers...after talking to her she was like LEIGH ANN you sound pregnant. I was again in denial and was like no no... she asked me to take a test just to be sure. So later that week I bought a double test. Well I got all prepared, and waited, and waited, and waited... SO after 20 minutes I looked at the digital screen that WAS working before. It was now blank. "What the heck I thought?" So I took the other (which was inserted into the same stick) And that didn't work, so I'm convinced I broke it! I did not know that was possible, well it is. So ladies be careful peeing! :-P
So after that I let it go for awhile. Until I talked to Mary Beth. She was also convinced I was and I started to believe. I was still nauseous and the only thing that really helped was apple cider! It is yummy...so Mary Beth sent me another test because the one I bought was 10 dollars...yuck. SO as I waited another week for that I couldn't wait another moment when it finally arrived. (Thanks MB!!) So I sat all jittery for a few minutes looking at the test and thinking if I should take it now..wait...so I decided to take it. As SOON as I was "done" it started filling up at 2 pink lines came up RIGHT away. (I still look at the test even now) I said to myself as I covered my mouth, "I am pregnant...wow..." It was such a great moment.
So now it was to decide how to tell Jeremy. Would I run to the store and give him a baby item? Just leave the test lying around? So I left the test on the bathroom counter so he would see it when he went to bed, except it was 6. I could not wait that long! So I ended up going up to him at the computer and said something corny like "soo looks like we made a baby". He just kind of stared at me, so I left. He came down a little later and smiled and a few minutes after I got a text from his friend saying congratulations. We laughed and I could just tell how happy he was. So with that text started the family calls. I wanted to wait but after he told his friend I HAD to tell family.
It was a great Saturday night.
SO! We have the same blog layout! Just mine is the lighter version! FUNNY!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute story!! Aww!! Your pregnant! Can't wait til the 2nd!! EEk!
ReplyDeleteLol I set mine up and then told you and you said yeah I started one too! So i did think it was funny when I saw yours haha...only 2 1/2 more weeks!! Crazy... I will be a 22 year old mother haha..
ReplyDeleteSuch a great story!!! I am soooo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSO I just realized we found out on Willies birthday! Thats why I forgot to wish him one haha...whoops
ReplyDelete